.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Jackies blog

Monday, August 22, 2005

Oklahoma or Bust!

Okay, so after being prompted by Amy, I am posting once again on my blog site.

Oklahoma was a blast! We set out on July 23rd and after many long hours on the 24th, lots of construction and one accident, we finally arrived to HUGO, OKLAHOMA! :-) I spent one amazing week with a group of teenagers that I wouldn't trade for all the tea in China! They were great. Sure we had our moments ... But with a group of teenagers in a 12 passenger van ridding for 17 hours in 100 degree heat without air conditioning ... Wouldn't we all have our moments?! But overall, the week was great. We painted and painted and painted some more! And after painting there was more painting! :-) But we could see the appreciation and gratitude on each of the boy's faces when we left .. One that said "Job well done and thank you!" I've never quite understood how something so little can mean so much to another, but after seeing the looks in those boy's eyes when we left .... I now know that there is nothing little ever done on a missions trip ... Everything is HUGE in they eyes of one who has never felt that kind of love from anyone in their life. Sometimes I think I can relate, but now I know that the love received is like none other. Thanks for the great trip guys and I hope to see you again soon! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home