.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Jackies blog

Friday, September 02, 2005

"A Darkened World" (revised!)

Okay, so I've been known to write poems from time to time ..... Nothing all that great, but I've been asked to post a few on here, so brace yourself and enjoy!

"My life was a darkened world,
Where hate, discouragement and angry words were hurled,
There was no light in my soul to be found,
And audible laughter was an awful sound.
No compliments or encouragement was ever given.
No lies or wrong doings were ever forgiven.
And when I left that awful place,
The REAL world is what I would face.
This place with its people of every type;
The ones who discourage, and the ones who gripe.
The ones who laugh and the ones who joke,
The ones who make fun, and the ones who poke.
The ones who make you wish
you were never born.
The ones that make you feel worthless and the ones
who scorn.
People who teach hate and profanity
All the things that can lead a person to insanity.
I was in a world where my biggest fear was rejection
But then one day I made an awesome connection.
Suddenly a stranger appeared, and took me away from all that I feared.
It didn't happen right away,
but my fear of rejection eventually did stray.
I learned an important lesson that day
One I will never forget and this I must say,
The lesson was very simple you see.
And now it has been made very clear for me.
People may laugh and people may joke
People may gripe, and people may poke
But now you must put your past in the dark
And go out into that world and leave your mark.
It doesn't matter what others may say,
You will be something far greater one day.
You will rise above all the negative thoughts.
And you will forget about all the times you were distraught.
Some day you'll be more that they'll ever be,
If you keep pressing toward that goal, and make it all that you see.
Put all of those negative comments out of your mind.
Take all of your wrong doings and put them aside.
Because all that will matter in the end,
Is that you tell your story to a desperate friend.

Jackie Wolford

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home