.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Jackies blog

Monday, September 11, 2006

September 11, 2001 Five years later

"America was targeted for attack because we are the brightest beacon for freedom on opportunity in the world, and no one will keep that light from shinning. Terrorist attacks can shake the foundtations of our biggest building but they cannot touch the foundation of America. These acts satter steel, but they cannot dent the steel of American reslove" -- President George W. Bush 9-11-01



Wow! As I watch all of the news coverage, and listen to the raido broadcasts about 9/11 all over again, it still brings tears to my eyes .. and if it still brings tears to MY eyes .. then I can only imagine what it has to be like for those families that lost loved ones on that dreadful day. For the sake of these families, I just wish we could move on. I would hate to re-live this day year after year, if I were in their shoes. I have to admit that right after it happened, I burst out in red, white, and blue. I clutched onto every word that anyone on the news or radio had to say. I stayed up and listened to the Presidents broadcasts .. enjoyed the songs where they have the President or EMT/Firefighters/911 responders/etc ... but now .. 5 years later, I'm starting to feel like it's time to move on. Don't get me wrong .. I don't think this day should ever be forgotten .... I think it would be fine to make this a patriotic day ... where we dress in red,white, and blue .. lower the flag to half mast .. honor the families .. but for goodness sake people let's just let them move on! I was watching the Today Show and they were showing Ground Zero, with President Bush, ex-Mayor Rudy J., and survivors and the families of those who lost loved ones 5 years ago .. and the survivors were reading the names of those who died in the WTC ... it made me get all chocked up and brought tears to my eyes ... but then all at once it made me angry. We do this every year ... I don't know, I just feel like it is time for us to move on as a Nation, and to allow these families to move on as well. Maybe I'm wrong ... maybe I'm just in a grumpy mood today ... but it just seems like we can remember and honor this day with out the big ordeal that we've gone through today.



Well in other news, the Dodgers won last night!!! and so did the Colts ... BUT Miami Dolphins lost on Thursday .. and UGH OSU won .. blah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home