.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Jackies blog

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Each Day … By Max Lucado

The Day is coming

The refuge of the early morning
will be invaded by decision to be made
and deadlines to be met

For the next twelve hours
I will be exposed to the day’s demands.
It’s now that I must make a choice.

Because of Calvary, I’m free to choose

So I choose ….

I choose love …
No occasion justifies hatred;
No injustice
Warrants bitterness.
I CHOOSE LOVE.
Today I will love God
And what God loves

I choose Joy …
I will invite my God to be
the God of circumstance.
I will refuse the temptation to be
cynical...the tool of the lazy thinker
I will refuse to see people as
anything less than human beings
created by God
I will refuse to see any problem as
anything less than an
opportunity to see God

I choose peace …
I will live forgiven.
I will forgive so that I may live.

I choose Patience …
I will overlook the inconveniences
of the world Instead of cursing
the one who takes my place, I’ll invite Him
to do so. Rather than complain that
the wait is too long, I will thank God
for a moment to pray. Instead of
clenching my fist at new assignments, I will fast them with joy and courage.

I choose Kindness …
I will be kind to the poor,
For they are alone.
I will be kind to the rich,
For they are afraid.
And kind to the unkind for such is how
God had treated me.

I choose goodness …
I will go without
a dollar before
I take a dishonest one.
I will be over looked
before I will boast.
I will confess
before I will accuse.
I choose goodness

I choose faithfulness …
Today I will keep my promises.
My debtors will not regret their trust.
My associates will not
question my word.
My husband will not question my love.
And my children will never fear
that their mother
will not come home.

I choose Gentleness …
Nothing is won by force.
I choose to be gentle.
If I raise my voice,
May it be only in praise.
If I clench my fist,
may it only be in prayer.
If I make a demand,
May it only be of myself.

I choose self control …
I am a spiritual being
After this body is dead,
My spirit will soar.
I refuse to let what will rot
Rule the eternal. I will be
Drunk only by joy. I will be
Impassioned only by my faith.
I will be influenced only by God.
I will be taught only by Christ,

Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, Self Control.

To these I commit my day

If I succeed,
I will give Thanks.
If I fail,
I will seek His grace.
And then, when this day
is done, I will place my Head
on my pillow and rest.

May your day be blessed in Jesus

“The Spirit produces the fruit of Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness.” Galatians 5:22 NCV

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home